Kristina Saturday, January 1, 2011

I've loved to read for as long as I can remember. When I was a kid and couldn't sleep (anyone who knows me knows this is a life long issue), my mom would tell me to read until I fell asleep. That ended pretty quickly when she realized I would stay up most of the night to finish the book I was reading. In high school and the beginning of college I didn't do much reading outside of school work because I had no time. In past years when I have had more free time (summers, for example), I was working and/or interning and just wanted to be lazy when I got home.

By my count (which is really my GoodReads account plus my fuzzy memory), I read about 75 books in 2010. I forced myself to spend most of my free time this past summer reading and it paid off. I also got a Nook this summer which helped! I know that my 2011 will be much busier than 2010. This semester I have 4 classes, an internship (which is sure to be exciting but stressful), work, will be graduating college in late April (which will hopefully lead to a grown up job in DC), and am in 2 weddings (maid of honor in one), so there will plenty of can't miss social events, too.

So, blah, blah, blah. The whole point of this post is my top 10 books of 2010. These didn't all come out in 2010 but I read them last year so I'm counting them.

10) Photobucket
Commencment

9) Photobucket
The War for Late Night: When Leno Went Early and Television Went Crazy

8) Photobucket
Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang

7)Photobucket
The Promise: President Obama, Year One

6)Photobucket
Half the Sky

5)Photobucket
Eighteen Acres

4)Photobucket
First Comes Love, Then Comes Malaria: How a Peace Corps Poster Boy Won My Heart and a Third World Adventure Changed My Life

3) Photobucket

The Unlikely Disciple: A Sinner's Semester at America's Holiest University


2) Photobucket
Goodnight Tweetheart

1) Photobucket
The Hunger Games

So what were your favorite books of 2010?

3 comments:

Every Little Thing said...

Well I just finished Room. I guess it's not 2010 anymore but it's a fascinating book!

Kristina said...

I started listening to the audiobook of Room but I wasn't able to get very far. I think the fact that I was hearing the little boy's voice freaked me out too much!

Yohana said...

Gosh!!! 75 in one year? :O
I've read only 125 in my whole life!! lol
Well, there were 2 books I can remember that were great in 2010. "Chasing the Flame: Sergio Vieira de Mello and the Fight to Save the World", by Samantha Power is remarkable. And "Oprah: A Biography", by Kitty Kelley, is very... surprising.

Post a Comment