Kristina Thursday, January 6, 2011

I've always loved macaroni and cheese but grew up in a blue box household. My mom only ever made that mac and cheese in the Kraft blue box.

Photobucket
(I'm of the school that twists and shapes actually taste better)

Recently, Stacy mentioned on twitter that she'd made baked mac and cheese for dinner. My first question was "Will you be posting that recipe on your blog?" The answer, of course, was yes.

Around the same time (it maybe have actually been the same day), F posted a recipe on her blog for baked mac and cheese.

I took a quick survey of my family (who I planned to cook the mac and cheese for, if I did it for myself I was concerned about the quantity I would consume) and, while I knew they were not fans of spice (I'm not either), I was surprised to hear them say they perfected a mac and cheese without crunchy breadcrumbs on top.

So, for that reason, I went with F's recipe.

Photobucket

Yum, yum, yum! I had a few issues with mixing the milk and the cheese (my Velveeta did not want to melt) and made a nice mess but other than that it was easy and tasted awesome! The only thing I'd do differently next time is to buy a throw away pan to make it in because the dish I used is going to be a bitch to clean (it's soaking now).

What are your favorite mac and cheese (or pasta in general) recipes?

3 comments:

Every Little Thing said...

Glad it turned out well! With mine, if you just take out the cayenne, it eliminates the spice. Looks yum though! :)

Anonymous said...

Glad that it went well! I always line my pan with tin foil, that way the pan isn't a hassle to clean afterwords. Sorry I didn't tell you that earlier!

Chunky Knubby Navel said...

I am a fan of the blue box...but this mac n' cheese is just so darn fancy that I might have to try it!

Whitney =)

Post a Comment